A delicious side dish or vegetarian tapa, very nice to eat with bread.
¼ of a large red pepper or half of a small to medium sized pepper
Salt and pepper
Balsamic vinegar or cream
- Cut the aubergine in slices of approximately 1 cm thickness.
- Put abundant olive oil in a frying pan and heat the oil
- Put a slice in the oil and immediately turn it over, the oil will be absorbed by the slice so you have to do this fast. Add one slice at the time this same way.
- Sprinkle with pepper and salt
- Put a lid on the pan and fry until light brown on both sides.
- In a separate bowl you put about two tablespoons of chopped parsley
- Chop the red pepper into tiny pieces and add to the mix
- Add one large or two small cloves of chopped garlic.
- When the aubergine is browned on both sides and cooked in the middle you put it on a plate and let it cool down enough to chop it into small chunks.
- Add the aubergine to the red-pepper mix
- Taste whether it is salty enough, if not you can add a little salt now.
- Add a good splash of balsamic vinegar or balsamic cream.
- Serve at room temperature